About BALANCE for Blind Adults
To enable people who are blind or vision impaired to be independent and participating members of their community.
As stated in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, all people have the right to be respected as valued members of society and their communities.
At BALANCE for Blind Adults, we work to ensure that people who are blind or vision impaired have opportunities to:
- be active, contributing members of the community
- be recognized as individuals with a unique and valuable contribution
- feel dignified and respected
- take risks and be challenged
- be responsible for themselves
- make meaningful lifestyle choices
- develop the skills to live independently